Careers at Vanderbilt
At R.T. Vanderbilt Holding Company, Inc., we strive to form a strong partnership with our employees. We believe that people are essential to our long-term success, and we aim to build our employees for the future. Join our team and be a part of our collaborative, customer-focused work culture.
Quality Control Manager (Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC is accepting applications for a Quality Control Manager in the Quality Department.
Job Summary: The Quality Control Manager will provide Quality Management System support to Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC, Vanderbilt Minerals, LLC and Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC. This is a technical position with a strong focus on creating and maintaining inspection plans in SAP, reviewing quality agreements, customer specifications and surveys and providing part time ISO 9001 support to an offsite manufacturing facility.
- The creation/maintenance of sales, manufacturing and raw material specifications in SAP and on the web;
- Completing quality surveys and questionnaires;
- Reviewing and responding to customer requirements and specifications;
- Reviewing customer quality agreements and providing feedback to Sales and other departments;
- Providing technical support for new product introductions;
- Providing technical input on nonconformance, customer complaints and corrective actions;
- Participating in Resolution Team meetings;
- Conducting internal and supplier audits;
- Providing Quality Management System support to operations (Bethel Plant);
- Conducting SPC analysis;
- Driving Productivity and continuous improvement initiatives;
- Monitoring and reporting Department metrics;
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in chemistry (preferred), Chemical Engineering or other sciences;
- 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, industry experience working in petroleum additives, rubber and plastic preferred;
- Strong understanding of SAP;
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc);
- ISO 9001 Internal Auditor Training;
- Familiarity with IATF 16949 (preferred);
- Good communication skills both written and verbal;
- Managerial skills.
Account Payable Associate (Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC is accepting applications for an Accounts Payable Associate in the Finance Department
Job Summary: To provide financial, administrative and clerical support by ensuring payments are completed and expenses are controlled by verifying, processing and reconciling invoices, along with archiving payment documentation according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to processing.
- Maintains all accounts payable reports, spreadsheets and accounts payable files.
- Performs filing and imaging of vendor information.
- Acts as liaison between corporate and manufacturing and mining facility accounts payable departments.
- Distributes signed checks as required.
- Assists in monthly closings.
- Answers all vendor inquiries.
- Prepares analysis of vendor accounts, as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Problem solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Vendor service – the individual manages difficult vendor situations, responds promptly to vendor needs, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
- Planning/organizing – the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality control – the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
- Quantity – meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
- Adaptability – the individual adapts to changes in the work environment and manages competing demands.
- Interpersonal skills – the individual communicates effectively and develops a rapport with other AP team members and internal customers.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- 3+ years’ experience in Accounts Payable
- SAP experience a plus
- Concur T&E experience a plus
Analytical Chemist (Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Research & Development Department.
Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC is accepting applications for an Analytical Chemist in the Analytical Lab, in the Research & Development Department.
Job Summary: Responsible for analyzing the wide variety of samples submitted to Analytical Services. Also responsible for documentation of results and for verbal communication with Plants, Application Laboratories and R&D staff as necessary for further clarification of requested analyses and/or discussion of results.
- Follow all Analytical Services Quality System Procedures.
- Perform quality control testing for our plant and vendor produced products, Run non-routine tests for all subsidiaries. These tests can include but are not limited to TAN, TBN, Karl Fisher, Flash Point etc. or instrumental analyses.
- Analyze customer complaint samples to determine the validity of the complaints.
- Analyze samples submitted by customers through our sales departments.
- Evaluate new sources of raw materials and resale items for approval.
- Write and issue various analytical reports and memorandums.
- Provide technical support to our Risk Group and the Research and Development staff.
- Calibrate appropriate laboratory equipment and instruments according to ISO-9001 protocol and procedures.
- Assist with laboratory inventory and ordering of supplies. Employ appropriate safety and waste disposal measures and procedures to comply with our Responsible Care Policy.
- Ensure that all laboratory areas and equipment are kept clean after each use.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry
- 0-5 years of experience
- Knowledge on any of the following analytical instruments a plus: AA, DSC, EA, ICP, IR GC, GCMS, LC, LCMS, NMR, TGA and UV/Vis
- Courteous, professional demeanor
- Excellent writing, verbal and computer skills