Careers at Vanderbilt
At R.T. Vanderbilt Holding Company, Inc., we strive to form a strong partnership with our employees. We believe that people are essential to our long-term success, and we aim to build our employees for the future. Join our team and be a part of our collaborative, customer-focused work culture.
QUALITY ASSURANCE/DOCUMENT CONTROL SPECIALIST (Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Quality Assurance Department
Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC has an exciting growth-oriented opportunity in the Quality Assurance Department. This position reports to the Quality Director and will expose the right candidate to all aspects of Quality Assurance, including and not limited to complaint resolution, driving root cause investigations, developing corrective actions, conducting internal and external audits, maintaining material setups in the ERP (SAP) system, data entry and releasing material.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Material Release in The ERP System
- Handling Recertification Requests
- Customer Complaint Resolution
- Internal Nonconformance Resolution
- Quality Audits (Internal & External)
- Specification Creation and Revision
- Material Setup and Maintenance in SAP
- Identify and Drive Continuous Improvement Projects
- BA or BS (Science or other relevant field of study preferred)
- Working knowledge of Quality management Systems (QMS’s) and experience with ISO 9001 preferred, auditor certification a plus
- High degree of computer literacy, experience with ERP systems (SAP) preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Should be inquisitive and a problem solver
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Must be detail oriented and organized
Treasury Associate (Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Global-Treasury/Cash Management Department
Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC is accepting applications for a Treasury Associate in the Global-Treasury/Cash Management Department.
The Treasury Associate will be primarily responsible for the daily support of cash management related functions for Vanderbilt Global Services and all of the related operating entities. This position reports to the Cash Manager.
- Review and reconcile previous day cash transactions.
- Prepare daily manual bank deposits and bring to bank.
- Initiate wire transfers and ACH payments as required by the Cash Manager.
- Print daily EDI reports.
- Clear previous day wires in SAP and prepare necessary paperwork.
- Daily bank reconciliations in SAP for all automated bank accounts.
- Make necessary journal entries.
- Create weekly payment selections for all companies in order for the Cash Manager to select and approve vendor payments.
- Process and initiate all wire payments - domestic and international.
- Maintain bank lines for wire and ACH payments on bank software.
- Process stop payments and voided checks.
- Administer petty cash reimbursements.
- Monthly preparation of bank reconciliations and monthly cash journal entries.
- Investigate and resolve internal customer issues or inquiries.
- Prepare and initiate weekly Global ACH Payments
- Enter manual checks from subs to Wells Fargo CEO
- Work with auditors as required on an annual basis.
- High School Diploma / College a plus.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a corporate environment.
- Strong Communication and Organizational skills.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office) / SAP knowledge a plus.
- Professional, courteous, pleasant demeanor.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
Billing/Documentation Coordinator (Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC is accepting applications for a Billing/Documentation Coordinator in the Global-Logistics Department.
The Billing/Documentation Coordinator will ensure that shipping documentations, both Domestic and International are complete for invoice processing.
- Process Domestic and International Billing daily in SAP
- International docs are completed per each customer’s and country requirements.
- Review system billing errors flagged for addressing and correcting
- Set up Customers for email invoicing
- Process Direct and Toller shipments promptly and timely
- Process Commissions - Issue Domestic Commission monthly
- Process Commissions – Issue International Commissions quarterly
- Prepare Canadian Custom Invoices (CCI) for shipments from USA to Canada and Canada to USA
- Set up third party billings
Requirements / Education:
- High School graduate / Diploma
- College education with degree a plus
- Organizational and communication skills
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, SAP, outlook, etc)
Production Buyer/Planner (Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Global Supply Chain Department
Vanderbilt Global Services is accepting applications for a Production Buyer/Planner in the Global Supply Chain Department.
This position is responsible for (supporting) assisting with the planning & master scheduling of all manufactured Chemical products, development & execution of a Supply Plan aligned with the Demand Plan. Using SAP, the Planner/Buyer will generate planned orders (MRP) and convert Purchase Requisitions to Purchase Orders in a timely manner to support customer demand and stay in line with working capital (inventory) guidelines. This position is responsible for master data integrity, order monitoring, communicating changes internally and to suppliers/tollers and expediting materials as necessary.
- Attend Chemicals Demand/Supply Reviews
- Support development of Supply Plan & Master Schedule aligned with the Demand Plan for Manufactured Chemicals.
- Support master scheduling plant handoff process for Manufactured Chemicals.
- Assist with weekly production planning meeting
- Manage MRP requirements in SAP
- Maintain material master data in SAP
- Convert purchase requisitions to purchase orders in a timely manner
- Communicate purchase/planned order changes and update information in SAP
- Monitor Purchasing performance reports (KPI’s) and take corrective action as needed
- Ensure inventory is in commensurate to actual sales and in line with corporate inventory goals
- Assist with vendor Corrective Actions, vendor returns, process claims for damaged / material shortages
- Vanderbilt stock transfers
- Support Resale Purchasing
- Maintain Production Master schedule and develop rough cut capacity plan
- Responsible for execution of Supply Plan.
- Timely conversion of requisitions to purchase orders/stock transport orders for on time service level to the customer and RTV stocking locations in line with inventory guidelines
- Planning and Purchasing master data for Manufactured products
- Maintain stock of Vanderbilt Chemical manufactured products in satellite warehouses.
- Timely communication with internal stakeholders and external suppliers
- Monitoring Purchasing and Inventory KPIs for Manufactured products
- Handle sub-contracting/tolling process for key suppliers
- College degree in Marketing/Management, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Science or related technical field
- 2-5 years of experience in Supply Chain functions (S&OP/IBP experience preferred)
- Knowledge of ERP systems
- Proficiency in SAP, Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel a MUST)
Corporate Payroll Administrator (Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Global Payroll Department
Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC is accepting applications for a Corporate Payroll Administrator, in the Global Payroll Department.
Responsible for payroll processings for salaried employees of Vanderbilt Chemicals and Vanderbilt Minerals, as well assisting Global Payroll Manager with daily duties necessary to ensure smooth operating of Vanderbilt Global Services Payroll Department
- Prepare and process semi-monthly & bi-weekly payrolls
- VC Norwalk
- VM Norwalk
- VC Canada
- VM Dixie
- VC Bethel
- VM Gouverneur
- VC Murray
- VM Standard
- VM West
- VM West hourly/bi-weekly
- Prepare weekly & semi-monthly inter-co reports for Accounting & Treasury depts.
- Prepare domestic and international payroll service fee invoices/payment requests
- Complete and report monthly Dept of Labor Statistics:
- Reconcile quarterly summaries with ADP Master Control report
- Reconcile year end reports and W2’s
- Process annual bonuses/increases for payrolls listed above
- Maintain and update division employee payroll records/files
- Process W2 healthcare values for salaried and bi-weekly payrolls
- Process employer h.s.a contributions for payrolls listed above
- Update health savings account goals and adjustments for all salaried and bi-weekly payrolls
- Process manual checks required by US divisions
- Track, process, and reconcile STD & LTD 3PSP payments
- Process and submit Canadian RRSP contributions
- Primary liaison for Payroll department role in domestic audits:
- worker’s comp
- year end
- Backup accounting dept on general ledger uploads to SAP
- Resolve other payroll related issues as necessary
- Assist department manager in supporting division payroll administrators
- Backup department manager as needed