Careers at Vanderbilt
At R.T. Vanderbilt Holding Company, Inc., we strive to form a strong partnership with our employees. We believe that people are essential to our long-term success, and we aim to build our employees for the future. Join our team and be a part of our collaborative, customer-focused work culture.
QUALITY ASSURANCE/DOCUMENT CONTROL SPECIALIST (Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Quality Assurance Department
Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC has an exciting growth-oriented opportunity in the Quality Assurance Department. This position reports to the Quality Director and will expose the right candidate to all aspects of Quality Assurance, including and not limited to complaint resolution, driving root cause investigations, developing corrective actions, conducting internal and external audits, maintaining material setups in the ERP (SAP) system, data entry and releasing material.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Material Release in The ERP System
- Handling Recertification Requests
- Customer Complaint Resolution
- Internal Nonconformance Resolution
- Quality Audits (Internal & External)
- Specification Creation and Revision
- Material Setup and Maintenance in SAP
- Identify and Drive Continuous Improvement Projects
- BA or BS (Science or other relevant field of study preferred)
- Working knowledge of Quality management Systems (QMS’s) and experience with ISO 9001 preferred, auditor certification a plus
- High degree of computer literacy, experience with ERP systems (SAP) preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Should be inquisitive and a problem solver
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Must be detail oriented and organized
Treasury Associate (Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Global-Treasury/Cash Management Department
Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC is accepting applications for a Treasury Associate in the Global-Treasury/Cash Management Department.
The Treasury Associate will be primarily responsible for the daily support of cash management related functions for Vanderbilt Global Services and all of the related operating entities. This position reports to the Cash Manager.
- Review and reconcile previous day cash transactions.
- Prepare daily manual bank deposits and bring to bank.
- Initiate wire transfers and ACH payments as required by the Cash Manager.
- Print daily EDI reports.
- Clear previous day wires in SAP and prepare necessary paperwork.
- Daily bank reconciliations in SAP for all automated bank accounts.
- Make necessary journal entries.
- Create weekly payment selections for all companies in order for the Cash Manager to select and approve vendor payments.
- Process and initiate all wire payments - domestic and international.
- Maintain bank lines for wire and ACH payments on bank software.
- Process stop payments and voided checks.
- Administer petty cash reimbursements.
- Monthly preparation of bank reconciliations and monthly cash journal entries.
- Investigate and resolve internal customer issues or inquiries.
- Prepare and initiate weekly Global ACH Payments
- Enter manual checks from subs to Wells Fargo CEO
- Work with auditors as required on an annual basis.
- High School Diploma / College a plus.
- 2-5 years’ experience in a corporate environment.
- Strong Communication and Organizational skills.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office) / SAP knowledge a plus.
- Professional, courteous, pleasant demeanor.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
Corporate Payroll Administrator (Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Global Payroll Department
Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC is accepting applications for a Corporate Payroll Administrator, in the Global Payroll Department.
Responsible for payroll processings for salaried employees of Vanderbilt Chemicals and Vanderbilt Minerals, as well assisting Global Payroll Manager with daily duties necessary to ensure smooth operating of Vanderbilt Global Services Payroll Department
- Prepare and process semi-monthly & bi-weekly payrolls
- VC Norwalk
- VM Norwalk
- VC Canada
- VM Dixie
- VC Bethel
- VM Gouverneur
- VC Murray
- VM Standard
- VM West
- VM West hourly/bi-weekly
- Prepare weekly & semi-monthly inter-co reports for Accounting & Treasury depts.
- Prepare domestic and international payroll service fee invoices/payment requests
- Complete and report monthly Dept of Labor Statistics:
- Reconcile quarterly summaries with ADP Master Control report
- Reconcile year end reports and W2’s
- Process annual bonuses/increases for payrolls listed above
- Maintain and update division employee payroll records/files
- Process W2 healthcare values for salaried and bi-weekly payrolls
- Process employer h.s.a contributions for payrolls listed above
- Update health savings account goals and adjustments for all salaried and bi-weekly payrolls
- Process manual checks required by US divisions
- Track, process, and reconcile STD & LTD 3PSP payments
- Process and submit Canadian RRSP contributions
- Primary liaison for Payroll department role in domestic audits:
- worker’s comp
- year end
- Backup accounting dept on general ledger uploads to SAP
- Resolve other payroll related issues as necessary
- Assist department manager in supporting division payroll administrators
- Backup department manager as needed
Quality Assurance Associate (Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Quality Assurance Department
Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC has an exciting growth-oriented opportunity in the Quality Assurance Department. This position reports to the Manager-Quality Assurance and will coordinate Customer complaints and returns.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Handle and process Domestic and International customer complaints
- Initiate and investigate internal and external corrective actions
- Process and issue customer material returns
- Process credit and/or debit requests
- Assign tasks to appropriate parties
- Issue and follow up on corrective actions
- Respond to customer complaints, as assigned
- Prepare, circulate and track completed corrective actions for Resolution team
- Interact with customers, Sales, Customer Service, Purchasing, Transportation, public warehouses and Vanderbilt plants and mines
- Ensure compliance with ISO9000
- Maintain Quality Notification tracker
- Scan Quality Notifications into Papervision
- Backup support for Quality Assurance Specialist in handling Certificates of Analysis; enter batch records, release inbound receipts into inventory, etc
- College a plus
- Computer knowledge; Excel, Word, Outlook, experience in SAP a plus
- Good communication skills
Commercial Specialist-Rubber and Plastics (Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Rubber Sales Department
Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC is accepting applications for a Commercial Specialist-Rubber and Plastics in the Norwalk Rubber Sales Department, based in the Corporate Office, Norwalk, CT
- At the direction of the BU, inputs all new prices and price changes into SAP.
- Confirms necessary completion date and exceptions, if any, with the BU.
- Reviews completed templates for accuracy before input into SAP.
- Troubleshoots pricing discrepancies on customer orders and advises CSR’s.
- Maintains price lists for R&P and distributes updated prices lists to internal distribution list.
- Provides report of expiring prices to BU’s 2-3 months before expiration date. Updates prices as instructed.
- Initiates the necessary paperwork for new product introduction, package changes and plant extensions. Sets up NPI folders for new resale products.
- Updates Status Report (bubble chart) and tracks KPI’s
- Oversees the document routing for timely completion by all parties.
- Coordinates the internal process with warehousing, demand planning and master data for discontinuation of R&P products.
- Supports Technical Sales Representatives as needed.
- Supports Chemicals Sales Support as needed.
- Supports R&P management as needed
- Solid experience with ERP systems, preferably SAP. Familiarity with other software tools such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word needed.
- Detail-oriented with emphasis on accuracy.
- Knowledge of Chemicals pricing structure a plus.
- General knowledge of Supply Chain processes.
- Some college, business school or equivalent business experience.