Careers at Vanderbilt
At R.T. Vanderbilt Holding Company, Inc., we strive to form a strong partnership with our employees. We believe that people are essential to our long-term success, and we aim to build our employees for the future. Join our team and be a part of our collaborative, customer-focused work culture.
QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST (Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC is accepting applications for a Quality Assurance Specialist in the Quality Department.
The Quality Assurance Specialist will provide Quality Assurance System support to Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC, Vanderbilt Minerals, LLC and Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC. This is a technical position with a focus on creating and maintaining inspection plans in SAP, reviewing quality agreements, customer specifications and surveys.
- Setup and maintain material specifications in SAP and on our inter and intra-nets
- Interact with Sales, R&D and customers on technical issues and specification development
- Responding to customer specification reviews, questionnaires, surveys and other quality related inquiries
- Performs root cause analysis and implements CAPA for:
- Customer Complaints
- Internal Nonconformances
- Conduct internal and supplier audits
- Follow all related SOP’s and WI’s
- Provide QC backup for material disposition and CoA issuance
- Identify and drive continuous improvement projects
- Customer sample management
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in chemistry or other relevant field of study
- Experience with ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems (3-4 years), auditor certification a plus
- Experience conducting CAPA investigations and driving improvement
- Experience with ERP systems, SAP strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of SPC and Six Sigma
- Working knowledge of GMP and IATF 16949 desirable
- High degree of computer literacy
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Problem solving e.g. 8D, Five Whys, Fishbone, etc.
- Interpersonal Skills
- Must be detail oriented and organized
PLANNER / BUYER-RESALE / RAW MATERIALS (Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Global Supply Chain Department
Vanderbilt Global Services is accepting applications for a Buyer/Planner-Resale/Raw Materials in the Global Supply Chain Department.
The Planner/Buyer is responsible for the planning and procurement of Resale Finish goods and Raw Materials for production to ensure required supply. This position requires maintaining and monitoring inventory levels at all Vanderbilt Distribution Centers and Manufacturing Plants. The Planner/Buyer is also responsible for monitoring inventory KPI’s, as well as, effectively communicating problematic materials or supply to management.
- Analyze inventory quantities and material requirements in SAP to ensure optimal stock levels at all times to meet customer demand and in line with corporate objectives.
- Utilize SAP/ Smoothie tools and place purchase orders in a timely manner.
- Develop and communicate 12-24 month rolling supply forecast projections to key vendors.
- Communicate with vendors to negotiate terms, cost, and delivery.
- Expedite deliveries as necessary, resolve shortages and missed or late deliveries.
- Assist with vendor non-conformances, vendor returns, claims and credits.
- Communicate supplier information to management or appropriate department(s) as necessary.
- Maintain and update master data in SAP and communicate changes.
- Monitor KPI’s and take corrective action as needed.
- Support coordination of the IBP Supply Review Process.
- Contribute to team effectiveness by being a team player, demonstrating positive attitude, upgrading job knowledge and skills as needed through educational opportunities, and promoting company objectives.
- College degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Science or related fields.
- 3+ years of experience in Supply Chain; proficiency in SAP required.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbal.
- Strong Organizational & Problem Resolution Skills.
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- APICS and/or Six Sigma preferred.
Customer Service Representative - International (Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Customer Service & Order Management Department
Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC is accepting applications for a Customer Service Representative - International in the Customer Service & Order Management Department.
International customer service representatives are responsible for reviewing assigned international customer orders and ensuring all information is complete. They work with customers to ensure orders are placed correctly, expedite orders when necessary, report on order status, and answer product questions.
The customer service representative is responsible for providing effective customer service by engaging with customers on behalf of the company. Their duties include answering phones & emails from customers to answer questions using knowledge of company products and programs as well as communicating effectively with team members
- Enter international customer orders daily; provide accurate, and complete information by using the correct tools/methods
- Respond promptly to customer inquires
- Expedite orders by scheduling bookings and follow through with material pick-ups.
- Process documents and maintain customer records, updating as required
- Resolves service problems determining the cause of the problem, following up to ensure resolution
- Process documents and maintain customer records, updating as required
- Provide introductory information to new customers
- Builds sustainable relationships of trust through open & interactive communication
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and promotes company objectives
- College Degree, a plus
- 2 years’ experience in office setting
- Ability to effectively communicate (Written & Verbal)
- Critical thinking and troubleshooting
- Time management & organizational skills
- SAP or related ERP experience, a plus
- Knowledge of Logistics
Chemist R&D (Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Research & Development Department.
Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC is accepting applications for a Chemist in the Rubber and Plastics Laboratory, Research and Development Department.
Job Summary: Responsible for formulating, compounding, mixing, and testing of compounds for all segments of rubber, plastics, and polyurethane foam industries. Assist in the development of technical data and the writing of Laboratory Reports, Technical Data Sheets and other promotional literature. Provide technical support to customers and make technical presentations as required (including customer visits as needed).
- Perform formulating, compounding, mixing, and testing of compounds for all segments of the rubber, plastics, and polyurethane foam industries.
- Write Laboratory Reports as required.
- Provide technical support to customers, sales force, and other internal departments.
- Assist in the preparation of technical literature.
- Make technical presentations as necessary, including customer visits.
- Assist in the development of technical data to support sales of new and existing products.
- Follow all Rubber & Plastics Laboratory quality system procedures for ISO-9001 and make suggestions to improve those procedure
- Bachelor’s Degree in science or engineering.
- Good written and verbal skills required.
- 2-5 years experience preferred, interaction with customers a plus.
Senior Level Research & Development Chemist (Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Research & Development Department
Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC is accepting applications for a Senior Level Research Chemist in the Research & Development Department.
Job Summary: Responsible for executing laboratory research towards developing new product candidates, which are intended for manufacture primarily at our chemical plants and secondarily toll-manufactured. Considers all available information in identifying new product candidates such as manufacturing capability, cost of raw materials, safety factors, hazard of synthesis, and other chemical information. Also responsible for supporting process improvements, evaluating candidates for patent consideration, and coordinating patenting efforts.
- Develop new antioxidants, anti-wear/EP additives, corrosion inhibitors, rust inhibitors, friction modifiers, and organometallic compounds intended for production at Vanderbilt Chemicals’ plants or designated toll-manufacturers.
- Perform literature, patent, and electronic database searches to develop novel strategies for new additive products or technologies that solve critical petroleum industry needs in oxidation and deposit control, fuel economy, next generation e-mobility concerns, and overall lubricant robustness and durability.
- Support process improvement, reaction scale up, laboratory sample preparation, process optimization and new product development initiatives for Vanderbilt’s business, manufacturing and tolling sites.
- Provide expertise for working with 1 Liter pressure (Parr) reactors. Manage all aspects of pressure reactor set-up, maintenance, and safety.
- Work independently and in collaboration with other chemists and engineers to develop new technologies and improve existing products/manufacturing processes.
- Execute laboratory syntheses in support of new ideas and collaborate with the Petroleum Applications and Analytical Groups to evaluate candidates for suitability and effectiveness.
- File patents on promising new technologies that are identified. Provide support for product risk and regulatory issues. Write internal technical reports on progress of projects.
- Prepare and present papers at industry technical conferences and select customers when requested by business and sales.
- In accordance with the Company’s ISO 9001 protocols and procedures, maintain laboratory equipment, instruments, and notebooks; manage documentation for research projects including New Product Profiles, Design Plans, and Business Cases; and participate in annual internal and external audits for research and development activities.
- Via the Company’s Integrated Business Planning Process, steward new technologies from bench-scale to pilot plant and eventually commercialization.
- Ph. D. in Synthetic Organic or Organometallic Chemistry (both preferred)
- Additional post-doctoral or work experience (5-10 years)
- Previous experience in using high pressure systems (Parr reactors) for synthetic transformations strongly preferred
- Process development and scale-up skills preferred
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills