Careers at Vanderbilt
At R.T. Vanderbilt Holding Company, Inc., we strive to form a strong partnership with our employees. We believe that people are essential to our long-term success, and we aim to build our employees for the future. Join our team and be a part of our collaborative, customer-focused work culture.
Quality Control Manager (Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC is accepting applications for a Quality Control Manager in the Quality Department.
Job Summary: The Quality Control Manager will provide Quality Management System support to Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC, Vanderbilt Minerals, LLC and Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC. This is a technical position with a strong focus on creating and maintaining inspection plans in SAP, reviewing quality agreements, customer specifications and surveys and providing part time ISO 9001 support to an offsite manufacturing facility.
- The creation/maintenance of sales, manufacturing and raw material specifications in SAP and on the web;
- Completing quality surveys and questionnaires;
- Reviewing and responding to customer requirements and specifications;
- Reviewing customer quality agreements and providing feedback to Sales and other departments;
- Providing technical support for new product introductions;
- Providing technical input on nonconformance, customer complaints and corrective actions;
- Participating in Resolution Team meetings;
- Conducting internal and supplier audits;
- Providing Quality Management System support to operations (Bethel Plant);
- Conducting SPC analysis;
- Driving Productivity and continuous improvement initiatives;
- Monitoring and reporting Department metrics;
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in chemistry (preferred), Chemical Engineering or other sciences;
- 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, industry experience working in petroleum additives, rubber and plastic preferred;
- Strong understanding of SAP;
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc);
- ISO 9001 Internal Auditor Training;
- Familiarity with IATF 16949 (preferred);
- Good communication skills both written and verbal;
- Managerial skills.
Manager - Tax Compliance (Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Global Tax Department
Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC is accepting applications for a Manager-Tax Compliance in the Global Tax Department.
Job Summary: Facilitate and manage the preparation of the company federal tax return and the accurate, timely filing of all tax forms.
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of state and local income tax returns and other business related filings.
- Research relevant tax and case law for all compliance activities including Sales and Use taxes and disseminate tax guidelines to stakeholders.
- Manage and facilitate IRS and state income tax audits, preparing responses, creating schedules,
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management and the tax group and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation.
- Develop and implement strategic tax planning for all necessary federal and state taxes.
- Assist in annual and quarterly tax provision financial reporting.
- Extensive Corporate tax knowledge.
- Strong accounting, analytical, and research skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of tax code, compliance and procedures for corporations.
- Familiarity with U.S. federal, state and local reporting requirements.
- Strong ability to utilize project management and accounting best practices to organize and prioritize tasks.
- 5+ years of experience in a tax manager and at least 2 years of experience in a management role. Preferred - CPA license or master’s degree in an accounting discipline.
- Proficient with the following software/tools:
- Strong skills and experience with Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Familiarity with SAP, RIA Checkpoint, and a compliance software program (e.g. Onesource).