Careers at Vanderbilt
At R.T. Vanderbilt Holding Company, Inc., we strive to form a strong partnership with our employees. We believe that people are essential to our long-term success, and we aim to build our employees for the future. Join our team and be a part of our collaborative, customer-focused work culture.
PRODUCTION PLANNER/BUYER (Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Global Supply Chain Department
Vanderbilt Global Services is accepting applications for a Production Buyer/Planner in the Global Supply Chain Department.
This position is responsible for (supporting) assisting with the planning & master scheduling of all manufactured Chemical products, development & execution of a Supply Plan aligned with the Demand Plan. Using SAP, the Planner/Buyer will generate planned orders (MRP) and convert Purchase Requisitions to Purchase Orders in a timely manner to support customer demand and stay in line with working capital (inventory) guidelines. This position is responsible for master data integrity, order monitoring, communicating changes internally and to suppliers/tollers and expediting materials as necessary.
- Attend Chemicals Demand/Supply Reviews
- Support development of Supply Plan & Master Schedule aligned with the Demand Plan for Manufactured Chemicals.
- Support master scheduling plant handoff process for Manufactured Chemicals.
- Assist with weekly production planning meeting
- Manage MRP requirements in SAP
- Maintain material master data in SAP
- Convert purchase requisitions to purchase orders in a timely manner
- Communicate purchase/planned order changes and update information in SAP
- Monitor Purchasing performance reports (KPI’s) and take corrective action as needed
- Ensure inventory is in commensurate to actual sales and in line with corporate inventory goals
- Assist with vendor Corrective Actions, vendor returns, process claims for damaged / material shortages
- Vanderbilt stock transfers
- Support Resale Purchasing
- Maintain Production Master schedule and develop rough cut capacity plan
- Responsible for execution of Supply Plan.
- Timely conversion of requisitions to purchase orders/stock transport orders for on time service level to the customer and RTV stocking locations in line with inventory guidelines
- Planning and Purchasing master data for Manufactured products
- Maintain stock of Vanderbilt Chemical manufactured products in satellite warehouses.
- Timely communication with internal stakeholders and external suppliers
- Monitoring Purchasing and Inventory KPIs for Manufactured products
- Handle sub-contracting/tolling process for key suppliers
- College degree in Marketing/Management, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Science or related technical field
- 2-5 years of experience in Supply Chain functions (S&OP/IBP experience preferred)
- Knowledge of ERP systems
- Proficiency in SAP, Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel a MUST)
Chemist R&D (Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Research & Development Department.
Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC is accepting applications for a Chemist in the Rubber and Plastics Laboratory, Research and Development Department.
Job Summary: Responsible for formulating, compounding, mixing, and testing of compounds for all segments of rubber, plastics, and polyurethane foam industries. Assist in the development of technical data and the writing of Laboratory Reports, Technical Data Sheets and other promotional literature. Provide technical support to customers and make technical presentations as required (including customer visits as needed).
- Perform formulating, compounding, mixing, and testing of compounds for all segments of the rubber, plastics, and polyurethane foam industries.
- Write Laboratory Reports as required.
- Provide technical support to customers, sales force, and other internal departments.
- Assist in the preparation of technical literature.
- Make technical presentations as necessary, including customer visits.
- Assist in the development of technical data to support sales of new and existing products.
- Follow all Rubber & Plastics Laboratory quality system procedures for ISO-9001 and make suggestions to improve those procedure
- Bachelor’s Degree in science or engineering.
- Good written and verbal skills required.
- 2-5 years experience preferred, interaction with customers a plus.
Senior Level Research & Development Chemist (Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Research & Development Department
Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC is accepting applications for a Senior Level Research Chemist in the Research & Development Department.
Job Summary: Responsible for executing laboratory research towards developing new product candidates, which are intended for manufacture primarily at our chemical plants and secondarily toll-manufactured. Considers all available information in identifying new product candidates such as manufacturing capability, cost of raw materials, safety factors, hazard of synthesis, and other chemical information. Also responsible for supporting process improvements, evaluating candidates for patent consideration, and coordinating patenting efforts.
- Develop new antioxidants, anti-wear/EP additives, corrosion inhibitors, rust inhibitors, friction modifiers, and organometallic compounds intended for production at Vanderbilt Chemicals’ plants or designated toll-manufacturers.
- Perform literature, patent, and electronic database searches to develop novel strategies for new additive products or technologies that solve critical petroleum industry needs in oxidation and deposit control, fuel economy, next generation e-mobility concerns, and overall lubricant robustness and durability.
- Support process improvement, reaction scale up, laboratory sample preparation, process optimization and new product development initiatives for Vanderbilt’s business, manufacturing and tolling sites.
- Provide expertise for working with 1 Liter pressure (Parr) reactors. Manage all aspects of pressure reactor set-up, maintenance, and safety.
- Work independently and in collaboration with other chemists and engineers to develop new technologies and improve existing products/manufacturing processes.
- Execute laboratory syntheses in support of new ideas and collaborate with the Petroleum Applications and Analytical Groups to evaluate candidates for suitability and effectiveness.
- File patents on promising new technologies that are identified. Provide support for product risk and regulatory issues. Write internal technical reports on progress of projects.
- Prepare and present papers at industry technical conferences and select customers when requested by business and sales.
- In accordance with the Company’s ISO 9001 protocols and procedures, maintain laboratory equipment, instruments, and notebooks; manage documentation for research projects including New Product Profiles, Design Plans, and Business Cases; and participate in annual internal and external audits for research and development activities.
- Via the Company’s Integrated Business Planning Process, steward new technologies from bench-scale to pilot plant and eventually commercialization.
- Ph. D. in Synthetic Organic or Organometallic Chemistry (both preferred)
- Additional post-doctoral or work experience (5-10 years)
- Previous experience in using high pressure systems (Parr reactors) for synthetic transformations strongly preferred
- Process development and scale-up skills preferred
- Excellent technical writing and verbal communication skills
MANAGER-FINANCIAL ANALYIS & PLANNING (Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Executives Chemicals Department
Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC is accepting applications for a Manager-Financial Analysis and Planning in the Corporate Chemicals, Norwalk Executives Department.
Manages financial planning, analysis and demand for Rubber and Plastics Business. Operates in a deadline focused environment with ultimate responsibility for the quality of the work. Possesses the vision and financial acumen to collaborate with the business leaders to establish and execute on the strategic direction for the Rubber and Plastics Business. Uses superior communication skills to influence and collaborate with all levels of the organization, including making persuasive presentations as required. Fosters an environment of continuous improvement, initiating and/or leading cross-functional projects to improve efficiency or effectiveness.
Financial Planning and Analysis – Rubber & Plastics Business
- Responsible for the development of accurate, complete budgets and financial plans by a complex finance operation. Collaborates with management to coordinate the planning process, understand business drivers of financial trends, highlight opportunities for improvement and create meaningful management exhibits.
- Participates in yearly Operational Budget process for Rubber and Plastics Business.
- Participates monthly in Financial Review for Chemicals Business to senior management of Chemicals team and Holding Company presenting Rubber and Plastics financial analysis.
- Contributes to Bi-Monthly Management Business Review meeting to Senior Leadership Team
- Contributes to presentation of financial outlook of Chemicals Business to RT Vanderbilt Holding Company Board of Directors.
- Guides other team members in developing highly complex ad hoc and on-going financial forecasts and models that assist the business in making decisions, ensuring that trends and outcomes are communicated appropriately to senior management.
- Oversees the completion of highly complex ad hoc and on-going financial forecasts and models that assist the business in making decisions, ensuring that trends and outcomes are communicated appropriately to senior management.
- Develop models for key financial issues through SAP, BI and Tableau data bases to understand key financial indicators and drivers for the Rubber and Plastics Sales team, Chemicals Senior Management and Holding Company Management.
- Provides sound financial advice to the Rubber and Plastics Business Leadership team or other departments, anticipating the financial impact of changes in the business environment and making recommendations to improve business outcomes.
- Acts as the financial advisor to the Rubber and Plastics Business team or other departments, anticipating the financial impact of changes in the business environment and making recommendations to improve business outcomes.
- Understands the interdependencies of financial systems, prioritizing and implementing enhancements and planning appropriately for changes.
- Fosters an environment of continuous improvement, initiating and/or leading cross-functional projects to improve efficiency or effectiveness. Uses increasing insight to identify and implement improvements that increase the business value and efficiency of the work performed. Initiates and/or leads increasingly complex projects and continuous improvement activities that may span beyond the scope
- Participate the monthly demand planning process for Rubber and Plastics.
- Assist in the monthly forecast (demand plan) for all products within the portfolio at multiple levels of aggregation to translate across the organization in a method that can be interpreted to multiple stakeholders within the company.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, and develop and maintain statistical forecast models and evaluate forecast accuracy for the plan created and all other critical inputs to the plan.
- Lead and coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model or process to improve accuracy and reflect accurate sales and marketing assumptions.
- Serve as the liaison between the business teams and supply chain in helping to solve any supply challenges around being able to deliver to customer orders.
- Engage with all functional areas to determine market influences and continuously improve existing forecasting processes.
- Lead the monthly demand consensus meetings and drive continued engagement and participation during the monthly Integrated Business Planning (IBP) communications cadence.
- Maintenance and improvement of forecasting tool data and processes to meet organizational KPI’s.
- Provide input to Supply Chain to develop inventory strategies on new and existing products as well as product transitions.
- Monthly Financial Business review – Revenue, Gross Profit, SG&A and Balance Sheet analysis
- Advise R&P with all financial decisions
- Support R&P with analysis, preparation, and presentation of Demand Plan
- Create yearly business operating plan – Revenue, Gross Profit, SG&A and Balance Sheet
- Business variance reporting
- Bachelor’s Degree Finance
- 5 to 8 years’ experience
- MBA preferred
- Expertise in Manufacturing Finance
- Working knowledge of SAP, Microsoft EXCEL, Microsoft Word, Tableau
- Strong business and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate financial information to a diverse audience.
- Analytical problem-solving experience
- Cross Functional team leader
CHEMIST-R&D (Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Research & Development Department.
Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC is accepting applications for a Chemist in the Process and Development Laboratory, Research and Development Division Corporate Offices, Norwalk, CT
- Organizing and running laboratory experiments aimed at improving and troubleshooting new and existing product processes.
- Evaluating potential process improvements through laboratory synthesis, and determine whether proposed process changes maintain the desired product properties.
- Documenting development and plant support activities with written reports and presentations.
- Facilitating and issuing reports on new product and raw material approvals.
- Providing technical support to the plants.
- Visiting plant sites periodically to monitor process change startups and review collaborative process improvement activities.
- Laboratory work at the companies R&D center in Norwalk Connecticut. A small amount of travel to the company’s US based plant sites is required (approx. 10%).
- B.S., M.S. or PhD Degree in Chemistry.
- Enjoys solving problems and lab work.
- Some work experience as a synthetic organic or process chemist in industry is preferred. Compensation will be based on education level and amount of prior work experience.
- Excellent communication, computer, organization and laboratory skills including the ability to write technical reports, discuss projects clearly and provide clear and concise technical presentations.
- Ability to work with chemical engineers, research chemists, process chemists and plant sites to troubleshoot or improve manufacturing processes.
TECHNICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (GULF COAST REGION) (Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC (Remote))
Petroleum Sales Department
Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC is accepting applications for a Technical Sales Representative in the Petroleum Sales Department, (Gulf Coast Region) Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC.
Represent Vanderbilt Chemicals in the Petroleum Industry in the solicitation and sales of Vanderbilt Chemicals products.
- Generate sales to meet or exceed Plan consistent with business strategies by expanding customer base, qualifying new products, identifying and converting sales opportunities at existing customers
- Collect and present market, commercial and technical insights and trends affecting current business and driving need for new products
- Arrange customer appointments and deliver sales presentations to promote Vanderbilt Chemicals products
- Provide technical support to customers and initiate Technical Service request projects aimed at developing new business
- Develop account plans, sales forecasts, and special business reports
- Participate in appropriate industry associations and conferences
- Periodically entertain customers during/outside of regular business hours Control territory T&E expenses vs. targets
- Increase in revenue from products sold by Vanderbilt Chemicals via o New application development o Increase in market share.
- BS Chemistry or ChemE and 3-5 years experience in sales or technical support
- Technical knowledge of Petroleum lubricants and/or fuels industry
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Time & territory organizing and planning skills, working from home office
- Excellent oral/written communication and negotiating skills Interpersonal, multi-level, relationship-building skills