Careers at Vanderbilt
At R.T. Vanderbilt Holding Company, Inc., we strive to form a strong partnership with our employees. We believe that people are essential to our long-term success, and we aim to build our employees for the future. Join our team and be a part of our collaborative, customer-focused work culture.
PRODUCTION PLANNER/BUYER (Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Global Supply Chain Department
Vanderbilt Global Services is accepting applications for a Production Buyer/Planner in the Global Supply Chain Department.
This position is responsible for (supporting) assisting with the planning & master scheduling of all manufactured Chemical products, development & execution of a Supply Plan aligned with the Demand Plan. Using SAP, the Planner/Buyer will generate planned orders (MRP) and convert Purchase Requisitions to Purchase Orders in a timely manner to support customer demand and stay in line with working capital (inventory) guidelines. This position is responsible for master data integrity, order monitoring, communicating changes internally and to suppliers/tollers and expediting materials as necessary.
- Attend Chemicals Demand/Supply Reviews
- Support development of Supply Plan & Master Schedule aligned with the Demand Plan for Manufactured Chemicals.
- Support master scheduling plant handoff process for Manufactured Chemicals.
- Assist with weekly production planning meeting
- Manage MRP requirements in SAP
- Maintain material master data in SAP
- Convert purchase requisitions to purchase orders in a timely manner
- Communicate purchase/planned order changes and update information in SAP
- Monitor Purchasing performance reports (KPI’s) and take corrective action as needed
- Ensure inventory is in commensurate to actual sales and in line with corporate inventory goals
- Assist with vendor Corrective Actions, vendor returns, process claims for damaged / material shortages
- Vanderbilt stock transfers
- Support Resale Purchasing
- Maintain Production Master schedule and develop rough cut capacity plan
- Responsible for execution of Supply Plan.
- Timely conversion of requisitions to purchase orders/stock transport orders for on time service level to the customer and RTV stocking locations in line with inventory guidelines
- Planning and Purchasing master data for Manufactured products
- Maintain stock of Vanderbilt Chemical manufactured products in satellite warehouses.
- Timely communication with internal stakeholders and external suppliers
- Monitoring Purchasing and Inventory KPIs for Manufactured products
- Handle sub-contracting/tolling process for key suppliers
- College degree in Marketing/Management, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Science or related technical field
- 2-5 years of experience in Supply Chain functions (S&OP/IBP experience preferred)
- Knowledge of ERP systems
- Proficiency in SAP, Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel a MUST)
QUALITY ASSURANCE/DOCUMENT CONTROL SPECIALIST (Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Quality Assurance Department
Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC has an exciting growth-oriented opportunity in the Quality Assurance Department. This position reports to the Quality Director and will expose the right candidate to all aspects of Quality Assurance, including and not limited to complaint resolution, driving root cause investigations, developing corrective actions, conducting internal and external audits, maintaining material setups in the ERP (SAP) system, data entry and releasing material.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Material Release in The ERP System
- Handling Recertification Requests
- Customer Complaint Resolution
- Internal Nonconformance Resolution
- Quality Audits (Internal & External)
- Specification Creation and Revision
- Material Setup and Maintenance in SAP
- Identify and Drive Continuous Improvement Projects
- BA or BS (Science or other relevant field of study preferred)
- Working knowledge of Quality management Systems (QMS’s) and experience with ISO 9001 preferred, auditor certification a plus
- High degree of computer literacy, experience with ERP systems (SAP) preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Should be inquisitive and a problem solver
- Have good interpersonal skills
- Must be detail oriented and organized
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY SPECIALIST/INDUSTRIAL HYGIENIST (R. T. Vanderbilt Holding Company, Inc.(Augusta GA, Greater Philadelphia/Baltimore, Raleigh NC or Norwalk, CT))
Health, Safety and Environmental Risk Department
R. T. Vanderbilt Holding Company, Inc. is accepting applications for an Occupational Health and Safety Specialist/Industrial Hygienist in the Health, Safety and Environmental Risk Department. This is a hybrid position, that can be based in the Augusta GA, Greater Philadelphia/Baltimore, Raleigh NC or Norwalk, CT areas with the expectation to work out of the local office closest to which ever of these locations the successful applicant resides, several days a week.
Responsible for the development and implementation of proactive company-wide safety, fire prevention, and emergency response programs to ensure reduction of injuries and illness to the ultimate goal of zero. Such programs shall not only address compliance with all applicable safety regulations promulgated by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) and other similar governmental bodies with jurisdiction at the state and / or local level, but also provide a framework for the organization to perform at best in class levels.
- Assist the Director in the development, implementation and maintenance of documented management programs, procedures and best practices company-wide in the areas of safety, workers compensation, emergency response, and fire protection, ensuring consistency from site to site. Included in this endeavor is ensuring that adequate training is completed / documented for all required aspect of such programs.
- Advise and assist the Director in the development, implementation and maintenance of documented management programs, procedures and best practices company-wide in the areas of health, industrial hygiene and medical surveillance.
- Assist the Director in the development of company-wide safety & health goals and objectives and associated action plans.
- Remain abreast of and assist the Director with communication of business impacts from regulatory developments to company leadership.
- Establish, track and report to the entire organization on key performance indicators.
- Engage production personnel on a regular basis and maintain a strong field presence at the various production / mining facilities several times per year.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of all MSHA/OSHA mandated reporting for all locations.
- Establish, implement and manage a company-wide incident reporting procedure.
- Establish and maintain a safety communication approach to ensure a high level of awareness throughout the organization with respect to safety matters.
- Advise R&D / manufacturing on process safety management (PSM) concerns related to new manufacturing processes and changes to existing manufacturing processes.
- Serve as trade association technical liaison with respect to safety.
- Establish and maintain a system for determining the adequacy of safety compliance systems.
- Develop and implement plans to improve safety and health (i.e., injury / illness reduction).
- Review proposed and final safety and health regulations, and when appropriate, assist in the submittal of comments to regulatory authorities.
- B.S. Occupational Safety and Health or other undergraduate B.S. degree with on the job experience in the field of occupational health and safety.
- Minimum of 1 to 5 years of experience in an industrial setting is required, in the area of safety management or industrial hygiene.
- Must be exceptional in the ability to train personnel.
- Ability and willingness to travel 20 to 30% of the time.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) is highly desirable.
- Must be computer savvy with a working knowledge of Microsoft EXCEL, and Word
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate safety information to a diverse audience.
- Analytical problem solving experience.
- Collaborative working style.
DATA SYSTEMS ANALYST (Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Information Systems Department.
Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC is accepting applications for a Data Systems Analyst in our Information Systems Department.
- The Data Systems Analyst role is to model/map and execute all activities related to the integration of data across various sources into an organized and unified view. This individual is also responsible for the monitoring of data flow between databases, servers and Cloud services to identify and implement the most suitable data integration architecture for the organization’s needs. Proven communication skills, problem-solving skills, and knowledge of integration best practices are critical to successful performance in this role. A person with high attention to detail and a logical mindset with strong motivation and passion for technology and problem solving would be a great candidate
- Work with managers, systems users, developers, and business analysts to ensure that data entry, retrieval, and maintenance functions meet business requirements and ensure a high level of data availability and security.
- Lead in company data integrations with various systems that are utilized.
- Coordinate and work with other technical staff to develop relational databases and secondary databases.
- Manage analytic reporting systems including Tableau server.
- Identify inefficiencies in current databases and integration processes and leverage solutions.
- Install and configure relevant components to ensure database access and overall database security.
- Diagnose and resolve database access and performance issues.
- Analyze user requirements and, based on findings, design functional specifications for client/server databases and database applications.
- Evaluate and select database components, including hardware, relational database management systems, ETL software, metadata management tools, and database design solutions.
- Years of direct experience in enterprise-level data integrations.
- Proven experience in overseeing the linking of cross-functional databases between disparate business units and systems.
- Strong experience with SAP ECC database that support sales orders, inventory, quality management, accounting, etc.
- Experience with ETL software, preferably Alteryx, to integrate data between systems.
- Experience managing, securing, and deploying data in Tableau server.
- Maintain high standards of data quality and security through the introduction and enforcement of information handling processes and organization of the data integration processes.
- Hands on experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping and methodology development, and data mapping.
- Working technical knowledge of current database software, protocols, and standards.
- Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting database servers, including Microsoft SQL 2016.
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices methodology.
- Hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques.
- Technical Project management experience.
- Working technical experience with developing, installing, configuring, and supporting database environments.
Chemist R&D (Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Research & Development Department.
Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC is accepting applications for a Chemist in the Rubber and Plastics Laboratory, Research and Development Department.
Job Summary: Responsible for formulating, compounding, mixing, and testing of compounds for all segments of rubber, plastics, and polyurethane foam industries. Assist in the development of technical data and the writing of Laboratory Reports, Technical Data Sheets and other promotional literature. Provide technical support to customers and make technical presentations as required (including customer visits as needed).
- Perform formulating, compounding, mixing, and testing of compounds for all segments of the rubber, plastics, and polyurethane foam industries.
- Write Laboratory Reports as required.
- Provide technical support to customers, sales force, and other internal departments.
- Assist in the preparation of technical literature.
- Make technical presentations as necessary, including customer visits.
- Assist in the development of technical data to support sales of new and existing products.
- Follow all Rubber & Plastics Laboratory quality system procedures for ISO-9001 and make suggestions to improve those procedure
- Bachelor’s Degree in science or engineering.
- Good written and verbal skills required.
- 2-5 years experience preferred, interaction with customers a plus.
CHEMIST-R&D (Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Research & Development Department.
Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC is accepting applications for a Chemist in the Process and Development Laboratory, Research and Development Division Corporate Offices, Norwalk, CT
- Organizing and running laboratory experiments aimed at improving and troubleshooting new and existing product processes.
- Evaluating potential process improvements through laboratory synthesis, and determine whether proposed process changes maintain the desired product properties.
- Documenting development and plant support activities with written reports and presentations.
- Facilitating and issuing reports on new product and raw material approvals.
- Providing technical support to the plants.
- Visiting plant sites periodically to monitor process change startups and review collaborative process improvement activities.
- Laboratory work at the companies R&D center in Norwalk Connecticut. A small amount of travel to the company’s US based plant sites is required (approx. 10%).
- B.S., M.S. or PhD Degree in Chemistry.
- Enjoys solving problems and lab work.
- Some work experience as a synthetic organic or process chemist in industry is preferred. Compensation will be based on education level and amount of prior work experience.
- Excellent communication, computer, organization and laboratory skills including the ability to write technical reports, discuss projects clearly and provide clear and concise technical presentations.
- Ability to work with chemical engineers, research chemists, process chemists and plant sites to troubleshoot or improve manufacturing processes.
TECHNICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (GULF COAST REGION) (Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC (Remote))
Petroleum Sales Department
Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC is accepting applications for a Technical Sales Representative in the Petroleum Sales Department, (Gulf Coast Region) Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC.
Represent Vanderbilt Chemicals in the Petroleum Industry in the solicitation and sales of Vanderbilt Chemicals products.
- Generate sales to meet or exceed Plan consistent with business strategies by expanding customer base, qualifying new products, identifying and converting sales opportunities at existing customers
- Collect and present market, commercial and technical insights and trends affecting current business and driving need for new products
- Arrange customer appointments and deliver sales presentations to promote Vanderbilt Chemicals products
- Provide technical support to customers and initiate Technical Service request projects aimed at developing new business
- Develop account plans, sales forecasts, and special business reports
- Participate in appropriate industry associations and conferences
- Periodically entertain customers during/outside of regular business hours Control territory T&E expenses vs. targets
- Increase in revenue from products sold by Vanderbilt Chemicals via o New application development o Increase in market share.
- BS Chemistry or ChemE and 3-5 years experience in sales or technical support
- Technical knowledge of Petroleum lubricants and/or fuels industry
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Time & territory organizing and planning skills, working from home office
- Excellent oral/written communication and negotiating skills Interpersonal, multi-level, relationship-building skills