Careers at Vanderbilt
At R.T. Vanderbilt Holding Company, Inc., we strive to form a strong partnership with our employees. We believe that people are essential to our long-term success, and we aim to build our employees for the future. Join our team and be a part of our collaborative, customer-focused work culture.
Chemist R&D (Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Research & Development Department.
Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC is accepting applications for a Chemist in the Rubber and Plastics Laboratory, Research and Development Department.
Job Summary: Responsible for formulating, compounding, mixing, and testing of compounds for all segments of rubber, plastics, and polyurethane foam industries. Assist in the development of technical data and the writing of Laboratory Reports, Technical Data Sheets and other promotional literature. Provide technical support to customers and make technical presentations as required (including customer visits as needed).
- Perform formulating, compounding, mixing, and testing of compounds for all segments of the rubber, plastics, and polyurethane foam industries.
- Write Laboratory Reports as required.
- Provide technical support to customers, sales force, and other internal departments.
- Assist in the preparation of technical literature.
- Make technical presentations as necessary, including customer visits.
- Assist in the development of technical data to support sales of new and existing products.
- Follow all Rubber & Plastics Laboratory quality system procedures for ISO-9001 and make suggestions to improve those procedure
- Bachelor’s Degree in science or engineering.
- Good written and verbal skills required.
- 2-5 years experience preferred, interaction with customers a plus.
Technical Sales Representative-Rubber and Plastics (Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Rubber and Plastics Department
Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC is accepting applications for a Sales Representative in the Rubber and Plastics Department.
Job Summary: Technical sales representative responsible for servicing major accounts in a designated territory in the rubber and plastics market(s).
- Calls on both technologists and purchasing management at various accounts in the Rubber and Plastics markets.
- Ultimately responsible for executing sales strategies in their territory, which in turn supports the business unit growth of revenue and profit.
- Calling on customers in person, requiring ~60% local travel within the territory.
- Identifies sales opportunities by analyzing and summarizing information and trends related to the competition.
- Fosters current accounts by checking customer purchasing history, suggesting new and related products, and explaining technical features of existing products.
- Develops new accounts by researching and identifying potential leads, soliciting new business, building connections, providing technical information and advice, and preparing quotes.
- Prepares and plans account plans (for both new and existing accounts) which includes closing Key Opportunities and timing.
- Provide monthly performance updates to sales management and progress on meeting strategic objectives.
- Works with the both the NAFTA Sales Manager and the Commercial Manager to provide pricing strategies to help achieve revenue and profit goals.
- Participates in periodic meetings to review priorities and to provide marketing information on new projects.
- Understands and abides by all company policies, business ethics, and codes of conduct.
- Attends critical industry meetings/committee participation and conferences that assist us in supporting our business strategies and plan.
- Ensures that we have the required literature, media coverage and conference material to support our efforts.
- Call reports at key accounts
- Monthly Input and results which help drive Integrated Business Planning
- Business analysis and tracking performance to plan
- Conducts sales planning components which include:
- Tracking Key Opportunities
- Strategic Account Management
- Identifying competitive activities
- Key Market Updates/Changes
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s Degree or MBA is a plus
- Knowledge and proficiency in SAP, Microsoft Excel and Tableau
- Superior management and organizational skills
- Prior industry experience is desired, but not required
- Efficient presentation and communication skills
- Technical background in sciences a plus
- Solid problem solving, decision making and analytical capabilities
- Ability to work in a team environment