Careers at Vanderbilt
At R.T. Vanderbilt Holding Company, Inc., we strive to form a strong partnership with our employees. We believe that people are essential to our long-term success, and we aim to build our employees for the future. Join our team and be a part of our collaborative, customer-focused work culture.
Quality Control Manager (Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC (Norwalk, CT))
Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC is accepting applications for a Quality Control Manager in the Quality Department.
Job Summary: The Quality Control Manager will provide Quality Management System support to Vanderbilt Chemicals, LLC, Vanderbilt Minerals, LLC and Vanderbilt Global Services, LLC. This is a technical position with a strong focus on creating and maintaining inspection plans in SAP, reviewing quality agreements, customer specifications and surveys.
- The creation/maintenance of sales, manufacturing and raw material specifications in SAP and on the web;
- Completing quality surveys and questionnaires;
- Reviewing and responding to customer requirements and specifications;
- Reviewing customer quality agreements and providing feedback to Sales and other departments;
- Providing technical support for new product introductions;
- Providing technical input on nonconformance, customer complaints and corrective actions;
- Participating in Resolution Team meetings;
- Conducting internal and supplier audits;
- Providing Quality Management System support to operations (Bethel Plant);
- Conducting SPC analysis;
- Driving Productivity and continuous improvement initiatives;
- Monitoring and reporting Department metrics;
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in biology or chemistry (preferred);
- Industry experience working with Petroleum Addititves, Rubber and Plastics:
- Strong understanding of SAP;
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc);
- Training as an internal auditor for ISO 9001
- Familiarity with IATF 16949 (preferred);
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Managerial Skills.